“Our aim is to provide a personal and responsive service of the highest standards.
Whether you have a large dairy or beef enterprise or just a few sheep at home, we will tailor our service to meet your needs.”
We endeavour to offer the best value to you.
Our visits, services and drugs are offered at very competitive prices.
The majority of our farm work is with cattle and sheep, although we see goats, pigs and alpacas.
We work 7 days a week and provide 24 hours of care to your animals.
Find us On Facebook!
Our farm department is on Facebook, connect with us and see the latest updates directly from our farm department and its clients.
We charge per visit, for the services required rather than on a time basis. This means that you pay for what we do, not how long the job takes. This allows us to build a healthy relationship with our customers, as we are able to spend more time with our farm clients and give helpful advice, whilst not incurring any extra fees. As a practice we do a lot of routine work for dairy clients, and we are happy to organise these visits in advance on a day and at a time to suit you. We currently have 7 full time farm vets and as such we pride ourselves with how swiftly we are able to attend those unexpected emergency visits to see your sick animals.
We offer a flock health package to help you improve the productivity and profitability of your sheep flock. The fixed monthly price includes three comprehensive visits at targeted times around the year, and free worm egg counts for best practice worming strategy.
Services we can provide to our sheep clients include:
- All aspects of flock health management (link to flock health plan)
- Flock health schemes including MV accreditation testing.
- Full ram evaluation for fertility
- Vaccination programmes
- Parasite control programmes, with a full range of anthelmintic products available at competitive prices
• Fully mobile ultrasound pregnancy testing, with 4 units equipped with either visual goggles or a TV screen
• Preventative herd health advice and plans, including written Herd Health plans and NMR/CIS milk records focusing on fertility, mastitis control, lameness, nutrition and housing.
• NMR/CIS milk record analysis
• VetImpress system for herd data collection and analysis
• Tuberculosis testing for APHA or private pre-movement tests
• Blood analysis including “down cow” profiles and calf antibody testing
• Dehorning and castrations
• Parasite control programmes
• Vaccination programmes
• Free drug deliveries to the farm (same day when possible)
• We are currently undergoing training for embryo transfer in cattle.
- Disbudding and castration of kids
- Vaccination programmes
- Parasite control programmes.
FLOCK HEALTH PACKAGE
1-2Months pre-tupping. We assess:
1 month pre-lambing. In this visit we would assess:
2-3 months after lambing we would assess
We keep a generous stock of frequently used large animal drugs at our surgery and other items can be ordered for the next working day if not in stock. You are welcome to collect ordered drugs from our surgery, and we also offer a free delivery service to our farm clients. These drug deliveries are organised around normal vet visits in the locality of your farm but can often be delivered the same day.
We regularly reassess our drug prices to keep costs to a minimum, and we work hard to negotiate extra discounts from our wholesaler so we can pass this saving to our clients. In addition, we can offer discounts for bulk purchases – please speak to one of the Directors for more information.