Careers & Vacancies
All students must be over 16 years of age. Students between the age of 16 and 18 years will be considered if they are seeking a career as a veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse. These students can only “see practice” on the premises of our Penwortham surgery.
Students over the age of 18 years may be able to accompany the farm vets on their farm calls. Priority has to be given to any vet students requiring EMS hours.
Ribble Vets, Penwortham, Lancashire
– Full and Part Time Small Animal Vet Positions
A really exciting opportunity has arisen for a full- and part-time vet to join us. Our independent practice has a big team of 15 vets (eight small
Why we’re great according to our team:
- Our large team is friendly and caring, with a nice balance between experience and newly qualified energy. Our nurses and support staff are at the top of their game.
- We’re proud to provide our own out of hours emergency cover, giving our vets the chance to retain their cases in-house and work them up to a higher level, and our patients and clients seamless care.
- Our consultations are a minimum of 15 minutes, with sufficient breaks between blocks to catch up on call-backs, paperwork or grab a cuppa!
- Our lovely new purpose-built practice is bright, airy and a pleasurable place to work.
- We have a very varied medical and surgical caseload and excellent facilities including eight consulting rooms including one dedicated to bereavement, two operating theatres, separate dental, x-ray and diagnostic rooms, five wards, ultrasonography, digital x-ray, endoscopy, hydrotherapy and k-laser. We
strivetoprovide the best and most current treatments.
- Our environment is a
supportive. We actively encourage CPD, including regular in-house clinical evenings with guest lecturers, and case discussion sessions. We have an active WhatsApp groupsfor sharing cases and ideas. A director is always available to provide out-of-hours assistance if required. We currently have 3 certificate and 1 diploma holders.
where we are locatedis a lovely large village in its own right, with an ever-increasing number of cafés, restaurants and bars, but is also located close to the motorway network to whizz off to the Lakes, West-Pennines, West-Yorkshire, North Wales or the Peaks, Liverpool or Manchester, all within an hour. The
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring vets who enjoy the buzz of being part of a busy team. The full-time position is based on a 4.5 day week with 1 regular night on call. 1 in 6 Saturday & Sunday on
For a recent graduate applying for the full-time position, we would guarantee a minimum package of £30 000. The salary for more experienced candidates and for the part-time position would be discussed on an individual basis.
The package includes:
salary and out of hours payments
• practice accommodation or a housing allowance
• 5 days CPD funded per year
• pension contributions of 3% of salary
• childcare vouchers if required
• 32 days annual leave (24 days plus bank holidays)
• half day lieu following a night on call
•1.5 days lieu for a Saturday & Sunday worked