Careers & Vacancies
Ribble Vets, Penwortham, Lancashire –
Full Time Small Animal Vet Position (New Graduate).
Part time, experienced candidates also welcome to apply
A really exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time vet to join us. Our independent practice has a big team of 19 vets (ten small animal, five mixed and four large animal), 18 nurses and 14 receptionists. We have a large purpose-built hospital and two branches.
Why we’re great according to our team:
- Our large team is friendly and caring, with a nice balance between experience and newly qualified energy. Our nurses and support staff are at the top of their game.
- We’re proud to provide our own out of hours emergency cover, giving our vets the chance to retain their cases in-house and work them up to a higher level, and provide our patients and clients seamless care.
- Our consultations are a minimum of 15 minutes, with sufficient breaks between blocks to catch up on call-backs, paperwork or grab a cuppa!
- Our lovely new purpose-built practice is bright, airy and a pleasurable place to work.
- We have a very varied medical and surgical caseload and excellent facilities including eight consulting rooms including one dedicated to bereavement, two operating theatres, separate dental, x-ray and diagnostic rooms, five wards, ultrasonography, digital x-ray, endoscopy, hydrotherapy and k-laser. We strive to provide the best and most current treatments.
- Our environment is a supportive. We actively encourage CPD, including regular in-house clinical evenings with guest lecturers, and case discussion sessions. We have an active WhatsApp groups for sharing cases and ideas. A director is always available to provide out-of-hours assistance if required. We currently have 3 certificate and 1 diploma holder.
- Penwortham where we are located is a lovely large village in its own right, with an ever-increasing number of cafés, restaurants and bars, but is also located close to the motorway network to whizz off to the Lakes, West-Pennines, West-Yorkshire, North Wales or the Peaks, Liverpool or Manchester, all within an hour.
For a recent graduate applying for the full-time position, we would guarantee a minimum package of £31 000. The salary for more experienced candidates and for the part-time position would be discussed on an individual basis.
The package includes:
- salary and out of hours payments
- practice accommodation or a housing allowance
- 5 days CPD funded per year
- pension contributions of 3% of salary
- childcare vouchers if required
- 32 days annual leave (24 days plus bank holidays)
- lieu time following out of hours shifts